Health

News

» » » » » Tucano's Brazilian Grill

This a somewhat mixed review, I love Tucano's but I do wish I could say that eating there was a little less...scary.  My take on Tucano's is that no one in town seems to try harder than they do but yet still manages to get it so wrong.  Can you eat gluten free at Tucano's?  Absolutely.  It is easy?  Not necessarily.

We'll start with the huge salad bar, which I love.  Everything is clearly marked GF so it's easy to peruse the salad bar and make gluten free choices.   Things are going good so far. 

Now, upon declaring you need to be gluten free, they will show you which meats on the menu are gluten free.  They are marked on the menu making that process look pretty seamless.  When the meat starts circulating and they stop at your table to offer you cuts, you realize that a lot of the offerings aren't listed on the menu at all.  So are they gluten free?  You can ask your meat server but chances are they have no idea.  Typical responses include "They should be" or "I'm not sure".

The first time I was there I got sick because I was told one of the meats was gluten free.  With the manager's help, we later determined that it wasn't.  I've had several more uncomfortable experiences following that one.  Now when I go, I inform the manager of my allergy.  He will appoint a personal meat server to the table to make sure everything goes according to plan. Their meat servers are not knowledgeable enough about what is and is not gluten free to trust that process. 

The good news is that you can eat gluten free at Tucano's but you have to be careful to double check everything.  Much of their menu is gluten free and the food is absolutely delicious.  Their Brazilian lemonades are to die for!

The manager did tell me that ultimately their goal is to be 100% gluten free, we are very much looking forward to that.

Indiana locations include Noblesville and Fort Wayne.

Noblesville's Menu

Reservations are recommended.  

(317) 770-6988

Website

13225 Levinson Ln
Noblesville, IN 46060
Hours:
Mon-Thur: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sun: Closed

 

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply