Health

News

» » » » » Matt the Miller's

Matt's has long been a favorite of ours. Our first trip was shortly after my boyfriend and I started dating and we quickly dubbed it "our place".














I remember worrying about whether or not they were going to have a gluten free menu after I was diagnosed with Celiac. I was getting nervous when I couldn't find a gluten free menu on their website. Because I was determined, I picked up the phone and called them. 

They put their chef on the phone and he assured me that they had a number of gluten free options. We talked about preparation and I was again reassured; it was clear that they are very knowledgeable about cross contamination and take the appropriate steps to make sure everything is prepared safely. He did caution against the flat breads for those with Celiac since they do not have a dedicated gluten free oven.

Every server we have ever had has been knowledgeable about their gluten free offerings and I've always felt comfortable that they "got it".  Once our server's wife  had Celiac, which always makes you feel like you are in good hands. 

Gluten Free Beer

I was pleasantly surprised to find they they even served a gluten free beer!  Estrella Damm Daura is a German beer that is crafted to remove gluten and also fast became a favorite.  At below 3PPM it is safe for those with Celiac to enjoy.  Estrella Damm Daura Information

Suggestions for Matt's

Matt's serves amazing food so it was no surprise that the gluten free options were just as amazing.  Their gluten free menu could use help in a couple of areas.

#1 They need more gluten free appetizers, Edamame and Hummus, don't particularly get my gluten eating boyfriend excited.  We did order the Hummus the last time and we did enjoy it but certainly more choices would be appreciated.

#2  They definitely have not gotten the memo that many of us who can't eat gluten ALSO can't eat dairy.  Eating dairy free at Matt's is a much bigger challenge.  Some of the vegetables are made in advance and already covered in butter.  The rice has milk in it.  There seem to be very few options that are also dairy free.

Matt the Miller's Gluten Free Carmel






Website

(317) 805-1860

HOURS

Monday - Thursday, 11:00am - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday, 11:00am - 12:00am
Sunday - 10:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am-2:30pm

Kitchen closes 1 hour before posted closing time


«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply